Monday, August 1, 2011

Coincidence? Fate ?

I'm sitting in the huge lobby of the Talkeetna Lodge at 9:00 PM on Monday nite. Today I did three landings and take-offs on a gravel bar in the Susitna River outside Talkeetna (I'll give more detail later). On my last taxi back and take-off from the bar, I noticed a high speed tour boat on the river. It slowed, I'm sure, so the people on board could watch my taxi and take-off from the gravel bar in the middle of the river.

Tonight, at the lodge, I ran into Andrew from my B&B, Audrone's son whom I mentioned in a previous blog. He asked me how my river landings went today (we had talked about it this AM) and said he and his Mom had seen a taxi and take-off of a Bush plane while on a boat tour of the Susitna River!!!! I asked if the plane was red and white? It was! It had to be me! He's got photographs of the take-off from the boat perspective and tomorrow AM we'll swap e-mail addresses so I can get the photos he took and post them to the blog .

It just keeps getting better!

1 comment: